Why do we feel like we are dragging at times??!!
There are medical reasons, like anemia, hypothyroidism, medications, depression etc., but the majority of the time it is our own doing! Burning the candle at both ends is #1. In our society today, we GO GO GO, often neglecting sleep, nutrition, hydration, and taking time to mentally and physically rest. Then of course there is the occasional bachelor/bachelorette party, wine tasting event, birthday or holiday celebration that can push you over the edge…even a severe virus can make you very dehydrated, exhausted, and achy.
Hangovers themselves are mainly due to dehydration (the poor brain is rattling around in a dry river bed since alcohol is a diuretic and causes body water loss), attack on the GI tract, and in some severe cases, alcohol withdrawal. Not to worry (too much), there are ways to treat the symptoms associated with general fatigue, poor nutrition, and yes, even hangovers.
There are also times that you just want a BOOST, like with a Vitamin B-12 injection, or combo vitamin injections, to take your work out up a notch! These can be performed weekly—ask about our package pricing!
Energize and boost your Immune System
Vitamin B12 is known for its energizing properties as well as its benefits on the immune system.
Image already added
Image already added
The non-vitamin compounds (MIC) that are injected into the body stimulate the liver into optimizing the process of metabolism, elevate the movement of and utilization of fat, and boost the metabolic power of the body. Lipotropic, or fat burning substances include:
- Methionine: helps the liver remove fat; Injections can be administered up to twice a week;
- Inositol:which helps the liver remove fat and is synergistic with Methionine;
- Choline: which distributes cholesterol and prevents it from getting deposited in one part of the body;
- Vitamin B-12: which helps accelerate metabolic processes, while creating a greater feeling of overall energy.
Since lipotropics directly aid in the breakdown of fatty tissue, and are also closely related to B vitamins, when used together, they are thought to intensify each others' effects and are usually injected together.
The MIC compounds stimulate the liver to optimize metabolism and utilization of fat. L-Carnitine, Thiamine, and Dexpanthenol further potentiate these effects:
- L-Carnitine: helps move more fatty acids into your cells to be burned for energy. There are many studies that it is most beneficial for weight loss in obese patients.
- Thiamine HCl (vitamin B1): It is essential for glucose metabolism, and it plays a key role in nerve, muscle, and heart function. B1 must be obtained from an outside food source.
- Dexpanthenol (vitamin B5): Pantothenic acid is important for our bodies to properly use carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids and for healthy skin.
Too Much Fun Last Night?
Rehydration and Hangover Treatment
Too much fun last night? We can make you feel like it never happened using intravenous (IV) fluid rehydration and treat your symptoms!
Disclaimer: I should mention, that alcoholism is a real disease, so if you are feeling hungover frequently or you feel shaky and irritable if you don’t have a drink, please consult with your regular doctor about how to get help. And please, if you drink daily and heavily, DO NOT try to stop cold turkey! Alcoholism is a dangerous disease that needs specific treatment by your doctor or in the Emergency Department. We DO NOT treat alcohol withdrawal or alcohol addiction at RMA.